Our second recipient of the Sybiz Hall of fame award in 2010 was our very own Judith Leefson!
Judith has worked at Sybiz since 1985 and in no less than 15 different roles! To read more about Judith and her time at Sybiz download the PDF by clicking the image below or scroll down to keep reading.
When did you first start working with Sybiz/Sybiz products?
What roles have you performed while at Sybiz?
Production of software
International and national support (installations
and general support)
Sybiz Plus, Sypay (DOS)
Service Industry Accounting (first Windows
accounting package ever)
Sybiz Vision FoxPro
Sybiz Vision 32-bit
Sage Pastel Evolution
Sybiz Visipay .NET
Sybiz Vision .NET
What changes within Sybiz and or industry have you seen that have left an impression on you? (good and bad)
• Sybiz has gone from being a family owned company to a corporate organisation with Sage/Softline and is once again Australian owned
• The introduction of the personal computer, Microsoft Windows and laptops benefitted the industry
• The introduction of the GST in Australia was a huge factor in getting Sybiz to the position it holds today
Before joining Sybiz what other work did you do?
• 1965 Department Defence – Weapons Research Salisbury SA
• 1971-1973 Overseas, working mainly as clerk
• 1974 -1984 Interstate as my husband was in the army
• I had accounting jobs in a carpet factory, a steel factory, in chemical production, in an engineering company and as a workshop manager for a truck repair company.
Are there any other awards or achievements you would like to mention?
• SHK - Not the Hong Kong University but the School of Hard Knocks
Can you include others (business, channel or family) that deserve recognition for their support?
• Sam Krupsky (taught me all I know)
• Margaret Ouzman (for her patience in teaching me how to test software)
• Steven Cohen (for giving me opportunities with Sage Pastel Evolution)
» back to Sybiz Hall of fame